CDFA website addresses regulated milk pricing questions
The CDFA has set up a website to address questions about regulated milk pricing in California. The website addresses these questions:
* Why is milk pricing regulated?
* What is CDFA's role in setting milk prices?
* What factors determine the milk price?
* Why does California have its own pricing system separate from federal orders?
* What are the different regulated classes of milk?
* Why are different classes of milk priced differently?
* Why are California prices different than other parts of the U.S.?
* How does the milk pool work?
* What is make allowance?
The website is located at http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/dairy/Milk_Pricing_Works.html
Oct. 19, 2012 CDFA Notice